Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Our Projects

What a fun day!  There were 7 of us crafting the day away:  Liz, MaryBeth, GinaMarie, Kathy, Alex, Alexis, and me!  Here are some photos of the projects we worked on as well as a couple of food pictures. I'll have to try to remember to take more pictures next time.  Let's start with the food.

These are chocolate covered pretzels with toffee bits on top, made by MaryBeth.
 Coffee Cakes from the Monrovia Bakery.
 Cute cards created by GinaMarie.
 MaryBeth and Liz created cards and tags using artwork from MaryBeth's children. Here is the pile of artwork the kids have brought home.


Here are some of the finished projects:  Cards lovely enough to be sold in a museum giftshop.
 Tags to add a little wow power to gift giving.



 Here is another picture of MaryBeth's stack of cards.  In the bottom right corner you can see GinaMarie's project sheet for a Burlap Wreath.


This is GinaMarie's finished Burlap Wreath hanging on her front door.  So lovely.  


 Kathy brought her beaded and crocheted project to finish for her granddaughter.

Here is the full length.

And here is a close up of the pendant hanging from it.  Sorry it's a little blurry.

I was having so much fun I forgot to take pictures of my projects.  I did pull these cards out to take a quick picture so I would have something to show for my day.  When I finally uploaded it from my camera I was so surprised to see this cute little face peeking out.  Yes, it's Lexi!  Wait until you see her project.
 
Are you ready for this?  Drum roll please.....
Yes, she's crafting on her nails.  Sorry I don't have an after picture.  I think she did help me with a few of my projects but mostly we just had fun chit chatting.

Look at the lovely card Liz is holding.  She made it by using the leaf die cutter on the kids artwork. 



 Below is a little thank you note from MaryBeth from her stash of one-of-a-kind cards.  Wish I had thought about this great idea when my kids were in school bringing home art everyday and running out of places to hang it!



Thanks for stopping by.  Our next craft date is September 22nd.  Make sure to mark it on your calendar.  Details to follow shortly.


1 comment: